How to apply for an LLC1 search

For LLC1 Certificates and Charges Reports, you will need to apply to HM Land Registry

How to apply for a CON29 search

To order a CON29 search you will need to register and submit your request and payments* via our Land Charges Public Access system, after selecting the search you require you must also attach a plan showing the extent of the search area. Should we have any queries with the search submitted we will contact you via the email account registered.

*If you are intending to submit a large number of searches on a regular basis we are able to offer a monthly invoice service - if you are interested please email

We aim to respond to all search requests within 5 working days however at times this may take longer depending on staff and system availability. Should you wish to submit a query regarding current search times or your submission please email Land Charges and quote your Case Reference.

Our fees

  • CON29(R) - £85 (inclusive of VAT)
  • CON29(O) - £30 (inclusive of VAT)  per question (please note: we do not answer question 8) 

Question 8 - You are advised to seek further information from LSBUD which is a free to use internet based enquiry service available 24/7. It provides a single point of contact for all enquiries relating to the apparatus owned and/or operated by the Asset Owners protected by LSBUD (including underground and overhead transmission/distribution electricity networks, transmission/distribution gas networks, oil pipelines, and fibre optic networks).

  • Extra areas of land/extra properties - £25 (inclusive of VAT)
  • Own additional enquiries - £45 each (inclusive of VAT)
  • Copy documents - £15

Personal searches

To request a viewing of the Local Land Charges Register you will need to apply to HM Land Registry.

For CON29 enquiries please see the Land Charges CON29 Information Sheet where we have attached links to further information required in order to answer each question.

Personal Search map- This is a map you can use to answer any Land Charges CON29 questions

Helpful Information

How to buy/sell a home

The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government have released guides to help the general public when both trying to buy and sell a home.

How to buy a home

How to sell a home


All queries about drainage in this borough are handled by:

Thames Water Utilities Property Searches

Clearwater Court
Vastern Road

Telephone: 0845 0709148