Adults social care compliments and complaints

Tell us when you are not happy with us or about something we’ve done well.

Corporate complaints 

We value your feedback and use your comments to improve our standards. 

You can tell us if you feel the service you received should have been better, or if you feel the council, or an officer of the council has done something well.

If you are unhappy with a service we’ve provided to you, we want to know so that we can put things right for you and improve the service for others.

You can follow our corporate complaints and compliments process.

We will log and acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days.

After you’ve made a complaint

We will appoint an investigating officer to look at your complaint and they will:

  • contact you to establish the full facts of your complaint and your desired outcomes
  • discuss the possibility of agreeing to an acceptable resolution of your complaint without the need for a formal investigation
  • send written confirmation of the resolution to you
  • explain what happens next and how long it should take if a full investigation is required

If you are not happy with the outcome

You can contact the investigating officer to discuss it further or you can ask the Local Government Ombudsman to help.

Other ways to give feedback

Make a complaint about private or voluntary care services

If you want to complain about a private or voluntary care provider, contact the Care Quality Commission.

Give feedback to Healthwatch Sutton

You can give feedback to Healthwatch Sutton about your experiences of NHS and social care services. They work with NHS leaders to ensure:

  • complaints and feedback are heard
  • improvements are made to care 

Adult social care performance

Our annual Local Account provides a summary of Adult Social Services performance. It helps us make ourselves more accountable to you.

We welcome any views and comments about this report.

If you have any feedback you can contact us by email using the subject line “Local Account”. 

Contact us

If you have any questions, you can contact the Adult Social Care team.


020 8770 5000

Write to us

Sutton Council
Civic Offices
St Nicholas Way

Find us on Google maps


Our offices and phone lines are open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.