Apply for grants to make your home accessible

If you’re finding it difficult to stay in your home as a result of deteriorating health or disability, you can find out if you qualify for support. You may be able to apply for a grant to adapt your home if you:

  • are a homeowner
  • are a council tenant or 
  • live in a shared ownership property 

You’ll need to complete a self-referral form. You can get this by

  • calling our Occupational Therapy (OT) service on 020 8770 5000 or
  • writing to:

Occupational Health
Sutton West Centre
Robin Hood Lane

Once you have completed your self-referral form, OT will assess your claim and refer you to either: 

  • Sutton Housing Partnership (for social housing properties) or 
  • Sutton Staying Put (for private or shared ownership properties)

Disabled facilities grant

If you want to apply for a disability facility grant you can contact us:

  • telephone 020 8770 5000 
  • send us an email about disability facility grant
  • write to us at:

Sutton Staying Put
Environmental Heath Service
London Borough of Sutton
Civic Offices
St Nicholas Way

Privately rented homes

We have a responsibility to ensure that privately rented homes are safe and fit to live in. We have legal powers at our disposal to make sure both landlords and tenants are ensuring that these properties meet living standards.