If you want to employ a young person between 13 and 16 years old, except for children involved in areas like television, theatre and modelling where they will require a licence to perform.

Licenses are only issued if we’re satisfied the employment is lawful.

If you don't have permits to employ young people, your liability insurance may be invalid.

Child Employment services in Sutton are provided by Cognus Limited

Apply for a child employment permit

You can apply for a child employment permit on the Cognus website.

Child performance licence 

If you want to employ a child as a performer, find out about applying for a child performance licence on the Cognus website. 

Chaperoning a child performer

If you are responsible for a child who is working as a performer, you can find out about chaperone approval on the Cognus website