If you are getting funded childcare for your 3 or 4 year old, your childcare provider could be eligible for government funding up to £300 a year to support the learning and development of your child.

The funding is called Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) and is paid to your childcare provider. 

If your child has more than one childcare provider, the funding will be split in proportion to the number of hours the eligible child spends with them.

Check if your childcare provider can get EYPP

Your childcare provider may be entitled to EYPP if you receive one of the following benefits:

  • Income Support
  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • support under part six of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
  • Working Tax Credit run-on, which is paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit - your household income must be less than £7,400 a year after tax not including any benefits you get

Or if your child has:

  • been in local authority care for one day or more in England or Wales
  • been adopted from care in England or Wales
  • left care under a special guardianship order or residence order in England or Wales

How to apply

You’ll need to speak to your childcare provider if you think your child is entitled to EYPP.

They will ask you to fill in a parent declaration form using your National Insurance number. They will use this to claim the funding.

Read about EYPP on GOV.UK