The ‘Right to buy’ scheme allows most Council tenants to buy their Council home at a discount.

You can apply to buy your Council home if:

  • it is your only or main home
  • it is self-contained
  • you’re a secure tenant
  • you’ve had a public sector landlord (such as a Council, housing association or NHS trust) for 3 years - It doesn’t have to be 3 years in a row

How to apply

You can download the Right to Buy application form on GOV.UK.

You'll need to:

  • complete the form, and
  • send it to your landlord

You can visit the Sutton Housing Partnership website:

  • for all enquiries about the ‘Right to buy’ scheme
  • to make an initial application, or 
  • to enquire about an existing application

If you’re a landlord

You can find out about the Right to buy scheme on GOV.UK