You can send us the evidence to support your housing benefit and Council Tax reduction claim by uploading photographs or scanned copies of documents. 

Submit evidence to support your claim

Use your smartphone or tablet to take photos of your payslip and tenancy agreement. 

Using the online system

  1. take a picture of the document you want to upload and check the picture before it is submitted to make sure that all details can be seen clearly
  2. start your claim and upload your evidence
  3. follow the instructions online to complete your claim and upload the pictures of all of your documents
  4. click on the ‘submit’ button to send the information to us

You will then get a unique number confirming that we have received the form.

Before you make your claim

If you already get Universal Credit and are applying for Council Tax reduction

We’ll need to see your award statement.

You can log in to your Universal Credit account, and use the print menu to save your award statement as a PDF document that you can upload. 

Otherwise, print it off, take a clear photo of each page, and upload the photos.

If you don't have a Universal Credit Award statement 

We’ll need you to photograph or scan all of these:

  •     proof of your ID
  •     proof of your and your partner's income (such as payslips)
  •     proof of any benefits you get
  •     proof of any savings you have
  •     your tenancy agreement (to show how much you pay in rent)
  •     proof of any childcare costs you pay

You’ll be asked to provide them at the end of the form, just before you submit your claim.

Other ways to send us evidence

If you are not able to use the online form to send us evidence, you can contact us by:

  • phone on 020 8770 5000
  • send us an email
  • or write or visit us at, Sutton Council, Housing Benefits Team, Civic Offices, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA