If you are the only person over the age of 18 living in your property, you may be entitled to a 25% discount on your Council Tax.

Apply for single person discount

You’ll need to know your Council Tax account number to apply. This can be found at the top of your paper bill or displayed on your MyAccount details.

Apply using MyAccount

If you're not registered to manage your account online, you can sign up to MyAccount.

Other ways to apply

Council Tax Team
Civic Offices
St Nicholas Way

Check you are eligible 

To be eligible:

  • you have to be over 18
  • you have to be the only person living in your property
  • your property has to be your main residence where you keep most of your possessions

You can’t claim for another property that you also own.

If you’re part of a married couple, you can’t claim your main residence even if your partner lives or works somewhere else.