Care and support costs

Find out about the services you'll need to pay for and what help you can get for free.

What you'll pay for care

If you've had a care needs assessment and we decided that you’re eligible for care, we’ll tell you what care and support you’re entitled to get. We can help you to arrange your care but you may have to pay for some or all of it.

We will ask you to do a financial assessment. This will look at your income and savings to work out if you can afford to pay for your care and how much the Council will pay towards it, if anything. This is called your personal budget.

Services that may be free

Some services in your care plan may be free, these include: 

Services you will pay for

You may be asked to pay towards some or all of the following services:

  • personal and domestic care 
  • care in your home
  • social inclusion such as day care
  • someone to accompany you to appointments (escorting)
  • personal alarms and key holding services
  • meals on wheels 

Contact us

You can contact Adult Social Care if you have any questions about your care and support plan.


020 8770 5000

Write to us

Sutton Council
Civic Offices
St Nicholas Way

Find us on Google maps