If you change your car or your address and you have a CPZ or PPA parking permit, you should let us know. Your permit may become invalid unless you tell us as soon as you can.

You’ll need to return your old permit when you apply for your new one. The replacement permit will be valid for the unexpired period of the original permit.

If you don’t have all the relevant documentation when you apply, we can issue a temporary permit for 21 days. This will allow you time to provide the documents to us.

It may cost £25 for a replacement permit for a change of vehicle if your old permit is not returned.

Please ensure your vehicle continues to show a valid permit, visitor voucher or pay and display ticket at all times when parked in the controlled zone. If not, you could be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice.

How to apply

Download and complete the change of details application form, and post or return it in person to:

50 Grove Road

Opening Hours: 9am to 2pm (Monday to Friday)

Change of vehicle

To change the vehicle on your permit, you’ll need to provide proof that you’re the registered keeper of your new vehicle.

We can only accept:

  • a copy of the vehicle registration document (V5) showing the address included on the application
  • an insurance document showing you as the policy holder with the address and vehicle details included on the application

Change of address

To change the address on your permit, we’ll need proof of residency for your new address. If you’re on the electoral register for your new address, we don’t need any more proof. 

If you’re not on the electoral register, we can only accept: 

  • a valid/current tenancy agreement
  • a Council Tax letter from the current financial year
  • a utility bill (gas/electric/water) no more than 3 months old
  • If you are moving into the area we will need confirmation of your new address, for example a solicitor's letter or a tenancy agreement