If you start a new job or increase your hours, you may be able to get your benefits paid at your old rate for up to four weeks. 

How to apply 

You do not need to claim an extended payment, but you must tell us about starting work and any changes to hours or income.

Tell us about a change in your circumstances

Who gets extended payments

You may be entitled to an extended payment if:

  • you or your partner start employment, self-employment or has increased hours or earnings, and
  • this is expected to last at least 5 weeks, and
  • you or your partner have been getting any of the below benefits for at least 26 weeks before the change:

    • Employment and Support Allowance
    • Jobseekers Allowance
    • Income Support
    • Incapacity Benefit or
    • Severe Disablement Allowance